Wednesday 14 December 2011

Duck Dec I mean 14th. I MEAN GEESE.


Here's something a driver has to be prepared for in the city centre of Reykjavík: the city pond birds. There's a large duck population AND ALSO A GEESE POPULATION that likes to emerge onto the streets at random, causing mischief and other hilarious things. I caught this little incident on my camera by accident.

First they were sort of looking around and then slowly waddled to the middle of the road. 


Then suddenly!


:D

He had to practically crawl after them and they just would not get out of the way. Props to the driver's good patience though!


And here's just to show how tame they are.

EDIT: My apologies, I called geese ducks again. XD

6 comments:

  1. Tänään käytiin ruokkimassa niitä ja innokkain kaveri tuli iholle! D: En edes liioittele, se yritti syliin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of ducks are those?

    I also want to ask what kind of ravens, but I think a raven is a raven... the locals look a bit bigger, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahahahahaha what is my brain - they're geese. XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    Thanks for pointing it out to me, it's not the first time that I've called them ducks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. I thought they looked kind of like geese - not a type we have here, though, so I didn't really know.

    Common ravens are the same species all over, but there are subspecies. Apparently Iceland and California each have their own, and the California ones are relatively small.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somehow I never really thought about that! So that would explain why they're so huge here. Kronkku, my favourite raven, is really large and fat even for a local raven so I suppose he'd look like a giant if you're accustomed to smaller ravens altogether. :D

    ReplyDelete