Here's the new dress that I mentioned earlier on. It didn't take that long to make, or it took years to make, depending on how you look at it. I bought this fabric in Japan a loooong time ago you see, and the idea was to make a lolita dress out of it, but for the longest time I had no idea what I wanted to make.
I wanted something simple because the print was so cute. Perhaps some kimono influence too, but no sode sleeves. The fabric sat in my storage and sat... and sat. It was too cute to lose so I didn't dare to use it if I didn't know exactly what I was going to make out of it. Yesterday morning I finally got an idea, got to work and less than half a day later, a new dress yay!
Today I put some finishing touches to it and made that huge tsumami kanzashi -style hairclip, put the whole do on and tried it in various combos. Prepare for two cases of Holy Sameposing, Batman!
The fearsome kainopose strikes again. I've gotten so used to doing this that I don't even notice that I'm doing it until I'm editing the photos and find several almost 100% identical shots. Aaaagh.
Anyway, first the dress as it is, then with the yellow butterfly obi.
Then for another same!pose case, aaagh.
The sakura + bridge obi suited the colours of the dress surprisingly well. The other pic is still of the same butterfly obi, I just had a bit of fun folding it over in the front so that a band of the brown underside is showing.
Another musubi shot!
And here's a close-up of the hairclip.
All in all this dress was really fun to make! I'm not sure if the colour's good for me but then again I have another fabric - dark brown - which would definitely look good as a dress similar to this one. Hmm.