Saturday 4 June 2011

9 things I like.

#3. Wistful music.

I tend to love light, dreamy and melancholy music in the summer. It goes so well with those nights when you only realize it's 4 a.m. when you wonder about the blue quality of the light and take a look at your watch. Here are some of my current favourites.


Sibylle Baier is a very recent find. I love that low toned guitar of hers, and her voice is haunting.



Beirut will, for some personal reasons, probably always be one of my favourite bands, and this is The Song by them that made me fall. 



Now for some 60's: Vashti Bunyan, Train Song. 



No summer is complete without some Wigwam, of course. Tombstone Valentine, a favourite of mine from my teenage years that's taken aging well.



And then for something entirely different, Gjallarhorn and I Riden Så.

2 comments:

  1. Try "17 Pink Sugar Elephants" by the same artist. She wrote the Train Song based on it.

    ReplyDelete