Tuesday 10 July 2012

1950's was oddly difficult!


...let's not comment the first image. It looks a bit less like Marilyn than I wanted it to and more like something you'd find in the baboon cage of Korkeasaari zoo. :D

This was a fun but a challenging one, I must say! Considering that the silhouette of a 50's skirt is very similar to lolita I didn't think it'd be that bad, but alas it turned out that's exactly what made it so difficult - dancing on that narrow line between "is this still lolita and not a 50's outfit". I'm still a bit uncertain of the results but loli was what I was striving for, judge for yourselves how it turned out. :D






It's still massively sunny and hot outside. 


Skirt + shirt: vintage
Belt + hairpiece + necklace: selfmade
All else: random

2 comments:

  1. definitely my favorite outfit from the series! I like the skirt and shoes are nice too. red is best color for shoes, it's so... eye-catching :)
    and I don't quite understand the fuss about Marylin, she reminds of piggy, not elegant woman:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment! Hahaha that just reminded me of how many times Miss Piggy has dressed up in Marilyn's dresses. XDDD

      Delete