Thursday 28 March 2013

Blue with white with red.



Errrr so hi again. I swear this blog is not turning into a kimono blog. Soon it will be properly warm again and the frills will return, oh yes they will.


I think I've fallen in love with this obi. I love stripes, to name one reason, and the embroidered flowers are beautifully done. I still don't know what to do about that stain though. The knot of this obijime is large enough to hide it, but I'm not half sure if that's enough. To begin with the obijime is a touch too formal and secondly the obi itself is slippery, so the placement will vary a bit while wearing it. I'd much rather have the reassurance that no matter what the stain won't show.


I tied the obi a bit lower this time. I have to say I like the slightly more adult look of it.


Here's that otaiko.


Mwahahahahaha I don't think there's a single photo of me wearing the haori over this ensemble where I wasn't fighting to keep my fringe in control. So I just put the artsiest photo of them all on the blog don't criticize my choices. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment