Wednesday 23 October 2013

Five things challenge.

Rules:

1) Link the person who challenged you.
2) Challenge 5 blogs that have less than 200 readers.

Sera of Sweet & Sour Lollipop threw me a challenge. I love challenges by the way!


Five things that I need on daily basis:



Puffins in any shape or form. Shush, they're needful for my well-being. Since the bf counts as one this demand is usually easily met.


Coffee, yes please. My addiction is on such a level that I might die if I don't get my fix.


Also food, because I'll never go a day without it if I can have any say in the matter.


Something pretty/interesting/strange to look at. Tumblr fills this need. Btw the above picture really happened, it's the tragic end of Mme Sophie Blanchard.


Uhhh fifth one fifth one... music! Especially of the whimsy kind.


Five books that I recommend:



Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov. An amazing look at the Soviet Union, as an extra recommendation try to get your hands on a version of the book that has all the originally censored parts marked. In this book Satan almost looks like a good guy in comparison...


Skugga-Baldur/Blue Fox by Sjon. A short, cruel yet beautiful story, and one of the rare books I would call magical because - well, let's not spoil the ending.


The Charming Mass-Suicide by Arto Paasilinna. It's exactly as the title has it, a group of people, strangers to each other, who all board a bus to kill themselves - together. It's the funniest thing I've ever read, also very tragic at times but in a Finnish way (IOW so tragic you'll end up laughing)(I really can't describe it in any other way). 


No Longer Human by Osamu Dazai. In my opinion it's his best book, and so depressing that it crosses the border to amusing. Think Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, in fact that one is heavily influenced by the book!


Endless Night by Agatha Christie. This is a rarity in that it's not one of her detective books. It seems like such a simplistic little story, but it's one that can be read over and over again just to peel back the layers, wondering about things like life, love and humanity. 

...And now I realize I somehow recommended five books of different countries that are all somewhere on the scale from melancholy to downright depressing, oh my. 


Five materialistic wishes for Bobmas:

Ok, I'm going at this by the way of "if I could ask anything, just anything", so don't worry. It's not a real Bobmas wishlist. :3


A new coffeemaker, the old one's falling apart.



A brocade fukuro obi. I only have one fukuro and that one's of the less-formal end of the scale.


A irotomesode/kurotomesode. I have no formal kimono that I could comfortably wear... I have one furisode but as a 34 old I'd feel a bit weird wearing it.


Candy or cakes. I am that easy.


A puffin cross stitch pattern + threads. Because of reasons.


Five places I want to visit:


Kyoto, although I've been there once already. I want to go again...


Helsinki in the summer because nothing quite beats Helsinki in the summer.


Flatey. I've been there too before but HNNNGGGGH I CAN WANT.


Tokyo, because while I'm listing places I want to re-visit that one definitely ranks high on the list.


(Sorry about the cliche image, to be honest I just couldn't think what kind of a photo to pick.)

India, and then I'll eat all the foods and get Delhi belly.


Five adjectives that describe me:


* Caffeinated
* Frilly
* Brouhaha-ey
* Loud
* Too genki for anyone's sanity

Whoah, that was surprisingly much work and thinking. :D I've seen this meme make its rounds a lot and frankly I can't remember who's had it and who hasn't, so in case you haven't done it but want to consider yourself invited!

No comments:

Post a Comment