Thursday 20 September 2012

A quick kimono post.



A while ago I wandered upon some ~*reasonably priced*~ lovelies on eBay and bought a kimono, haori, two obis and a han eri. Today was such a lovely day I decided to drape some of them on myself. It's all done in a bit of a hurry but I kind of like this combo.


I love those long sleeves so much! They're longer than usual kimono sleeves but not as long as furisode's would be.


Back view. The obi has an awkward fold that doesn't want to behave - it's at the bottom of the otaiko where you can see where the pattern ends (it should not show). I'm not sure what to do about it so I'm just hoping it'll straighten out on its own and with a bit more use.

2 comments:

  1. Have muchos o love to those long sleeves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me too. This is the style kimonos were made before the second world war and I kind of wish the style came back.

      Delete