Monday 21 January 2013

3 things I wish I had been told + 10 facts of my wardrobe.

I'm going to go over the next three questions really quickly, sorry! Combining other fashions with lolita is a ok in my book as long as the end result looks good. Lolitas I have met in real life and many and varied, considering that I attend meet-ups as often as I can and while I still lived in Finland I habitually chased down lolitas on the streets to greet them and find out whether they were on Enfant Terrible - they usually were. As for lolitas I'd like to meet one day, well, anyone! I love meeting new people and if we already share an interest that's even better!



15. 3 things I wish I was told when I was a new Lolita

1. Don't take it so seriously. Relax, the internet is a nasty place and there will always be people who don't like the way you look.

2. BUY THAT FUKKEN PUPPET CIRCUS OP 300$ IS NOT THAT BAD TRUST ME YOU'LL GET THE MONEY BACK ONE DAY AND MORE - on the same vein, buy that Flying Horse or a Flying Fuck T-shirt, else you'll be crying for years that you didn't.

3. Well, that was really all.




Skirt, overdress and headpiece self-made.

16. 10 facts about my Lolita wardrobe


1. It mostly consists of self-made, vintage and off-brand items.

2. Yes I do have a different colour coat to match each dress. I'm a coat hoarder don't hate.

3. The brands that I own the most are Emily Temple Cute and Mary Magdalene. I think two dresses each.



4. I own two bonnets, one for summer and one for spring/autumn, and both have once flown off my head regardless of their double ribbons (they both have a white cotton ribbon underneath and then the decorative ribbon that hides it, but Icelandic wind will always be Icelandic).

5. My favourite dresses are all made by someone else. I have a wonderful skirt + cape set and the cutest duck print jsk made by Hui Lai Lee, and an amazing wa-lolita dress + obi made by Tian Shi. All of these items also get the most praise from strangers when I wear them.

6. My general look on life is that everything coordinates with brown, beige and cream. You can see it in my shirt collection.

7. I don't own many skirts because I find them harder to coordinate than JSKs and OPs.



8. I own a Moi-même-Moitié pyjama and a bath towel. Don't ask.

9. Curiously enough I don't own any lolita-suitable handbags at the moment. I have no idea why.

10. Judging by my wardrobe my favourite print seems to be generic flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment