Sunday 20 January 2013

Part 11 - on old trends.

11. 3 trends I wish would come back

 

Well, to begin with - headdresses. The rectangular ones. I know they seem generally tacky and costume-y now, but there were some that were absolutely lovely and looked amazing on the girls wearing them. They were all the rage when I first began wearing lolita so naturally my view is clouded by nostalgia, but even so I wish they'd come back.

 


Secondly, aprons. Not the cheap looking, frilly lace monsters that screamed meido but the European style, half aprons, full aprons and apron dresses. Some brands still use the idea of an apron in a very creative, wonderful way and needless to say some of my dream dresses are this type.


The third one took some time but I'm going to go for the Vivienne Westwood orbs. I don't even know what exactly is so awesome about them, maybe it's nostalgia talking again who knows, I just know I haven't seen them in ages and I miss them more than I probably should. D:

2 comments:

  1. Hell yes to rectangular headresses! I've been meaning to get some. I just have one, and guess what? It's made by you. Hell yes to approns too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have no idea how happy this comment just made me! (:3

      Delete