Saturday 6 April 2013

Polka dot haneri.


I'm really sorry that the pictures are so huge, idk why but they look totally blurred in any size smaller than this. This makes me unhappy. Blogger do you hate me or what.

...anyways! The recent flashy look that I tried left me craving for a more dramatic looking haneri, so I made this one. The white bit is a small ruffle btw. The obi is still the same one that I made some days ago, this time worn with the "butterfly"/beige side out. Since it's April it might be high time to stop using that plum blossom hairpin so much, so I chose a hairclip that had sakura in its pattern instead (it's also worn in the combo in the first link) + some crocheted flowers. You'll have to scroll down a bit before you get to the photo.


I can't even explain how much I love this kimono, or why. It's very plain and toned down, there should be nothing special about it - and yet it's the plainness that allows me to play around with it. To compare, here's the same kimono - and here it is again.


Lol this pose is screaming I'M SO DONE. There's that hairpin, bet you were wondering why I was talking about it so much.


Here's a better view of the front, showing the haneri and the obi closer up.

No comments:

Post a Comment